Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dear Kai...

I cannot believe how fast time is going!  Your daddy got some advice from a friend before you were even born: Don't complain about how tired you are because that time will be gone before you know it.  Boy, was he right!  I can hardly remember the nights where you were waking up every 2 hours.  I can't remember a time when I would look at you and you wouldn't smile, or recognize me, or not make eye contact with me. 

There are so many things that I love about you at 2 months.  I love that when you wake up in the morning, you don't cry.  I know you are awake because I can hear you "talking" in your crib.  When I walk in, you are usually fixate on the mobile above your crib, until you see me standing over you, and then you flash that smile that makes me melt.  When you smile like that, I don't even care that it's 6:00am and I'm on summer break. 
<3

I love that you are learning new things every day!  Just two weeks ago when we put you in your Bumbo for the first time, you wouldn't hold your head up.  You would just lean it against the back.  Now, you sit up straight and look us right in the eye.  You seem so proud of yourself!  You've also definitely discovered your hands and fingers over the past few weeks.  They are almost constantly in your mouth, especially if your binky falls out!  Sometimes when I'm driving, I can start to hear you making sucking noises in the backseat.  That's how I know that you've ditched the binky and are using the next best thing: your fingers!
You always have your feet up & fingers in your mouth!

You're getting close to putting toys in your mouth too!




As independent as you are getting, I'm still glad to know that you still need your mommy.  Although it's hard on others, especially your daddy, I can't help but love that sometimes nothing else works to calm you down besides snuggling with me or hearing my voice.  I know eventually you'll be too busy for me, as most boys are.  You'll want to be outside playing sports with Daddy, so I'm soaking up this time with you now.


I can't wait to watch you grow up and learn new things, but slow down a little.  It's hard on your mommy to know that soon our lazy days of summer will end and I'll be back to work and you'll be off at daycare.  I'm really trying to make the most of these days, as I know a lot of mommies aren't as lucky as I am to get to spend the first 4 months at home with their baby.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment