Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Usually Saturday and Sunday are my days to sleep in and after Kai takes his morning feeding, I get to go back to bed.  However, because it was Father's Day, I stayed up with Kai and let Tyson sleep in.  We spent the next couple of hours just playing with Kai and Tyson opened some gifts.  I had washed the one outfit that Kai has left in 0-3mo. that he hasn't worn yet.  I was saving it for Father's Day.  However, when I was in the shower, Kai decided to have a blow out and COVER his outfit!!  So..plan B had to come into play and I also got to scrub baby poop out of his outfit when I was fresh out of the shower.

We left for Dumont at 11:00 to meet my parents, Josh, and Malcolm's before heading over to Hampton to Beed's Lake.  My mom and Josh headed over early and scored a picnic table right by the beach.  My aunt Mari and cousins Kendra and Hannah had lunch with us as well.  After lunch, Ava made Josh try out all of the outdoor games that my mom had packed to bring along.  Darren and Tyson tossed around the football and the girls sat around and loved up on Kai!  Eventually Ava ended up in the water so we got her into her swimming suit.  She had a blast!! Tyson put his trunks on too so he could play in the water with her.  She is such a little fishy! While they were having fun in the water, the rest of the girls and Kai went for a walk.
Tyson and the little fishy!

When we got back, Darren and Tyson had recruited two little boys to play football with them!! 

First Father's Day

Happy Father's Day Tyson!!

Look at this little stud muffin!
Getting some lovin' from Daddy!

"Hi Mommy!"

Uncle Josh & Kai

Wendy, Darren, and Ava were heading over to Darren's parents' house for supper, so we went to hang out at my parents' house for a little bit before heading back to Cedar Falls.  We had such a fun day!!  Although I'm not ready for Kai to grow up, it would have been fun to see him playing in the water with Ava.  We might have to do this again next year!!

Papa & Kai

I can cross off 'go on a picnic' from my summer bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment