Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Town Celebration

Last weekend was Cedar Falls' annual Sturgis Falls celebration.  However, to started the weekend off on Friday by going to the Byrnes pool with Wendy & Ava on Friday afternoon.  Kai of course hated the cold water, so Wendy and I went back and forth between holding Kai and playing with Ava in the water.  When we got home, we went for a family run, then Tyson taught me how to play Wiffle Ball.

On Saturday morning, I got up with Kai and waited for Tyson to get up later.  Once he was up, I headed downtown to save a spot for the parade with our lawn chairs.  Then I came back home and finished getting ready.  We left about 45 min before the parade started and had to park FAR away.  It was quite the trek to get to our chairs.  We got there right at the same time as Malcolm's.  Kai slept on the walk there, then was awake through the first half of the parade, but snoozed through the second half.  The loud music and horns kept making him jump though.  Ava LOVED the parade and my dad even joined us for most of it as well (my mom was on vacation in Minnesota at my aunt and uncle's resort).  After the parade, we used the bathroom at Jiva (where I had to give Kai an outfit change) and then headed to Overman Park to find something for lunch.  We all ended up getting pork burgers because the lines everywhere else were ridiculously long.  We plopped down on the curb to eat and then headed across Main Street for the rides!!  My dad spoiled Ava with ride tickets and money for games.  I don't know how many times she rode the Merry Go-Round, but my dad and I each took a turn with her on the whale ride.  Finally Wendy was able to get her away from all of the rides and games and we walked across the river to Gateway Park.  There we looked at some vendors, let Ava play at the park, and the guys enjoyed an ice cold adult beverage.  It was starting to get time to feed Kai so we decided to make the hike to our cars.  I decided to put Kai in the baby carrier and he stayed awake the whole time (I thought it would put him to sleep).  Ava on the other hand totally crashed in her stroller!  She kept telling Wendy & Darren how much fun she had.  What a sweet girl!!  Tyson and I ended the night on the couch after a LONG day of walking around.




Sunday morning was spent being really lazy.  I think I got in as many naps as Kai.  Eventually we went for a run and then played another game of Wiffle Ball while Kai continued to nap in his stroller.  I had to forfeit when Kai woke up crying though!  I'm sure I would have come back and won otherwise!! It was another busy weekend for the Burton's! 


This week my mom is being our nanny!  I'm attending a conference at the Pipac Center Monday-Thursday (only one day to go!!) on Reading and Writing.  She's been busy planting flowers, doing laundry, making supper, and still taking care of Kai.  Great...now Tyson will probably expect those same things from me after my mom leaves tomorrow!

Oh, and we're still patiently waiting for Baby Malcolm to make his/her appearance!!  We're hoping it's any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment