Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 4, 2012

We Walk...

We had another busy weekend!!  This makes three weekends in a row that we have been gone, only this time it was just myself and Kai.

Kai, my mom, and I left for Wisconsin on Friday morning.  Kai had been having a fussy morning so I wasn't looking forward to the car ride, but he did great!  We stopped in Dubuque for lunch and then continued on our way to Mt. Horeb, WI.  We arrived at my mom's friend, Kim's house at about 4:00pm (we took our time getting there).  Friday night was spent with everyone gushing over Kai and enjoying the evening on the deck.

Saturday morning came EARLY...especially when I was up feeding Kai at 3:30am!  The alarm went off two hours later and we were up and moving!  We were all dressed in our Komen pink, including Kai!

 We took the annual picture on the stairs (but this year it had to be moved outside because the group has gotten bigger each year) and then we were off to Madison for the Komen walk!


The morning was a little chilly, but by the time we were done walking, it was gorgeous!!  Kai did great on the walk - he slept the entire time!


After the walk, we spent the entire day outside, enjoying the day and celebrating Kim! :)  This year was much different than last year (for me anyway).  Last year, one too many drinks were consumed and one too many games of Farkle were played.  This year, I spent the day snuggling Kai on the deck, but it was perfect!

On Sunday morning, Kai let me sleep in until 8:00am!!  We got up and everyone got their last snuggles from Kai before we left.  We had to make two quick stops on the way home: one for my mom to crawl in the backseat to give Kai a bottle and another so she could burp him.  We arrived home to a clean house, mowed lawn, and working garage door (hallelujah!!).  We enjoyed the great weather by putting Kai in his bouncy seat outside while we played Frisbee before Mari, Kelsey, Kendra, and Hannah stopped by for a quick visit.  We ended the night on the couch.  It was another perfect weekend for the Burton clan!!


**I might have more pictures to add after Kim puts some on Facebook**

No comments:

Post a Comment