Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 11, 2012

A Whirlwind Weekend

Saturday marked Kai's two-month 'birthday'.  We celebrated with monthly pictures in the morning, followed by our first family run.  After showering, we loaded up the van and headed to Nana and Papa's for the weekend!

As soon as we got there, my mom, Kai, and myself went to a garage sale in Hampton.  The little boy whose clothes were being sold is 3 years old now, but was also born in April, so the sizes/seasons should be perfect!!!  My mom and I both scored some good deals.  Kai is going to be the best dressed little boy around with all of the shopping among me, Wendy, and my mom!! After the garage sale, we hit up a few stores downtown and then a consignment store (where Kai got more stuff) before heading back to Dumont.
Having fun on Nana's new play mat
My dad and Tyson were busy cutting down tree limbs when we got home.  We spent the rest of the afternoon sitting on the deck enjoying the weather, although it was a little too windy.  Then once my mom got Kai to sleep, I dug up two baseball gloves and a ball and Tyson and I played catch for awhile.

Before supper we got on Google+ to video chat with Tyson's mom and sister.  After supper we chatted with his Nana. 

On Sunday morning, Kai let me sleep in until 8:00 (after a 5:00am feeding) so we didn't make it to church.  Instead, my mom made french toast and sausage for breakfast and then we got ready to go to Ackley to visit my grandma Pecha.  When we got there, my aunt Bev was visiting her as well.  This was the first time that they got to meet Kai!  My grandma couldn't get over Kai's little hands and feet!

Great Grandma Pecha meeting Kai for the first time

Giving Kai some lovin'!

4 generations
After visiting grandma, we headed home to pack up our bags and then off we went to my cousin Hannah's sweet 16 birthday party!  She had her friend party the night before and they still had the bounce house for the kids to play in.  I was going to get in, but never got around to it.  Dang it!  Kai got to meet his great uncle Keith and great aunt Becky, along with 2nd cousin Shanlyn and 3rd (is that right??) cousins Brevin and Jaeley.

Jaeley & Kai (I should have taken another with Jaeley's eyes open..haha)

Brevin & Kai

The birthday girl & Kai

We ate supper which was followed by presents and cake & ice cream.  My cousin Lorinda made the cake!  How cool is this?!?!



Darren, Tyson, and Brevin headed outside for one last game of ladder golf, while I was getting Kai to sleep inside.  Ava finally warmed up to the bounce house and was having a blast too!
So sleepy!!

Meinders girl cousins (we're missing 7 male cousins & 7 spouses)

CHEESE!!!
We finally started out trek home at 8:00pm.  After drinking a bottle in the van, Kai slept the whole way home, woke up long enough to have his diaper changed and pjs on, then slept until 2:00am!! 

I don't know if we could have fit anymore into one weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment